Hello my loveliessss,
A you could probably tell from the title of this blog, it was someone’s birthday today and to celebrate, my family and I went out for a lovely dinner! No, no it wasn’t my birthday, but my beautiful and caring mother’s birthday, who I love to the moon and back! We decided to go to one of my absolute favourite restaurants Bitton for dinner! I adore going there because 1. The food is so amazing it is not funny! 2. The staff are always really polite and kind and 3. The actual design and ‘vibe’ I get from this restaurant is outstanding!
While I was writing this blog, I thought to myself I a may as well write an OOTD so here it is… I didn’t actually wear this to dinner because in my opinion it didn’t look formal enough but I think it is such a great everyday outfit.
I usually don’t wear chokers, but the dress and top came with it so I put it on and I think it really matched the outfit. Of course I had to wear my converse because I am absolutely in love with them!
I chose to brighten up the outfit with a light green, embroidered bomber jacket.
So onto my super scrumptious dinner! As I said, we went to one of my favourite restaurants Bitton and my family and I all had such an amazing time. I ordered the John Dory steamed fish with potatoes and other yummy vegetables and I was not disappointed! The fish was perfectly cooked and was so delicious and tender!
This is what everybody else got: (by the way, the pics do not do the food justice!)
I am literally drooling at the thought of all the food 🙂
We had such a great time going out and my mum was surprised with delicious chocolate cupcakes and a chocolate fudge cake!
Thanks so much for reading this blog, if you liked it make sure to follow my blog!
Please stay friendly in the comment section below and have a great day.
Love Misabella xx
Today I decided to post a blog about some lemonade scones I made today because I haven’t posted a cooking blog in such a long time. Not to brag, but these are probably one of the tastiest scones I have tasted in my life!
These scones are so easy and fun to make and only require 6 ingredients not including toppings that are all pantry staples. Also, what I love is that you don’t need any fancy equipment to make the Lemonade Scones as you only need an oven and a rolling pin. They also are super quick to make and from getting out the ingredients to putting the first amazing scone in your mouth it only takes around half an hour. Oh, and don’t be scared that there is lemonade in the scones, you can’t even taste it!
Also, if you want a cooking measurement converter then click here. So here is the recipe:
- 2 cups (300g) self raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lemonade
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) milk
- Jam and whipped cream or you favourite toppings, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220 c or 430 Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a baking tray
- Place the flour, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the cream and lemonade and mix to form a soft dough. (do not worry if it looks crumbly and feels a bit weird, it just means you are doing it right)
- Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench and knead lightly until combined. Roll the dough with a roller to a thickness of about 2 centimetres or 0.8 inches.
- Use a 6 cm round cutter to cut out as many scones as you can, place on baking tray and brush the tops with some of the milk (you do not have to use it all). Re roll scraps to make a few extra scones if you can.
- Bake for 10-15min in the oven or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with your favourite toppings (mine is jam and whipped cream!)
Before and after oven pic-
I really hoped you liked this blog and decided to make these scrumptious scones! If you do I would love for you to send me a pic or two in the comments! If you want to check out my other cooking recipe about Butterfly Cupcakes then click here.
Thank you so much for reading this blog, if you liked it make sure to follow it!
Please stay friendly in the comments section below and have a great day!
Love Misabella xx